Instrument software words of wisdom
Instrument software examples of Information Management and Getting Things Done:
“Obviously, users who are going to measure hundreds of trials against numerous standards would do well to name the files and folders they create in a manner that allows for easy identification of archived files. We suggest that you develop file and folder naming conventions, write them down, and apply them every time you open and save a new file.”
“Thinking about Macros – Creating a successful macro entails a bit of forethought. You will want to answer some or all of these questions:
- What task do you want to accomplish?
- What steps are involved in accomplishing the task?
- How should the steps be sequenced?
- What steps must be repeated?
- How do the steps that must be accomplished match with built in commands?
- What is the simplest way to get the job done?”
Sounds like a recipe for life. In a really geeky sort of way.